Teeth are very important for aesthetic appearance and general health too.
They are the first thing people see when you smile and you better make it a good picture. But there are some people that grind their teeth during the night and are unaware of it.
That action is involuntary and can produce friction that can cause headaches and tension during the day. When they are done frequently without knowing they can cause a sore jaw and pain and a lot of trouble with the teeth.
It can happen at any age and can cause cracks in the teeth and worn down teeth. It should be treated as soon as it is noticed because it can lead to speaking impairment and bad health, oral and general.
Bruxism & Solutions
Bruxism is the medical term for grinding the teeth and even though you may be unaware when you are doing it you can notice some symptoms in the morning like tension, headaches and jaw troubles.
Once you notice something like this you should consult a medical professional and a dentist in order to look for solutions. They will have to offer a couple of ways to repair this innate action.
1. Cut down on the intake of stimulants like caffeine. It can increase the level of stress in your body so avoid caffeinated drinks before bed.
2. Halt the consumption of alcohol.
3. Try to train your jaw by placing the tongue between them. Do it regularly to try to relax your jaw.
4. In between these relaxation methods try to practice and reduce stress. Other than train your jaw, try to relax your body and reduce stress since it can be a major factor for teeth grinding.
5. Wear a mouth guard. Your dentist can easily create one according to your jaw and that can successfully prevent you from grinding your teeth.
When in a stressful situation and environment avoid chewing on things as a mean to stress relieving. That can cause more damage to the teeth.