In order to reduce inflammation in your body you need to replace inflammation- causing foods with foods that possess strong anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties. Such foods are cabbage, kale, and broccoli.
The main ingredient in this recipe is red cabbage. This veggie which is super nutritious contains phytochemicals like lutein, indole-3-carbinol, thiocyanates, anthocyanins, and sulforaphane.
These potent antioxidants neutralize free radicals which can cause various serious diseases like heart disease and cancer. What is more, they help prevent prostate, breast, and colon cancer, and lower LDL cholesterol levels.
Red cabbage also contains vitamin A, C, E, K, B vitamins, dietary fiber, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, pantothenic acid, thiamin, folate, riboflavin. Vitamin A in red cabbage is also linked to reducing the risk of lung cancer.
Its sulfur-containing compounds have detoxifying properties which protect from radiation exposure. This is also a reason why cabbage is great for your digestive system.
Other health benefits of red cabbage include:
- Helping the weight loss process— it is low in calories but high in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber which leave you full for a longer time.
- Prevents premature aging— due to the antioxidants and high levels of vitamin A.
- Boosts your eye health— it is an excellent source of vitamin A, which prevents formation of cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Boosts your immune system— vitamin C in red cabbage stimulates the function of white blood cells in the body which forms the body’s first line of defense.
- Helps protect Alzheimer’s disease— the anthocyanins it contains reduce the chances of the plaque that causes cognitive and memory loss in people.
- Healthy bone growth and development— it contains minerals which contribute to bone mineral density, and protect against arthritis, osteoporosis, and different types of inflammation. Some of them are calcium, manganese, and magnesium.
Purple Elixir Recipe
To enjoy the benefits from red cabbage and many more, prepare the following juice using the ingredients listed below.
- 1/4 red cabbage
- Half a cucumber
- 1 green apple
- Handful of fresh mint
- Handful of fresh basil
The preparation is extremely easy. Just juice the ingredients, and your purple elixir is ready. Drink immediately.