As you may already know ginger is one of the most effective cures for flu and sick throat.
Flu is a highly contagious disease which spreads rapidly through sneezes, coughs or touching an infected person.
One of the best ways to deal with flu is to treat it as soon as you see initial symptoms, and instead of depending on antiviral medicines, you can try home remedies.
Home remedies like ginger will help you not only deal the flu symptoms but also boost your immune system to fight off the virus naturally.
There are various ways of using ginger for flu. You can use fresh ginger, or you can try some of this homemade recipes.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of ginger juice and 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
- Stir it until the two ingredients are completely mixed up.
- Consume the remedy.
For preparing ginger tea you can use fresh ginger, ginger powder or dry ginger,the choice is yours.
Ginger tea can be used on daily bases for boosting your immune system and better blood circulation.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water to a saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on the stove and bring the water to boil.
- Add 1-inch fresh ginger/ 1-inch dry ginger /1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder into it.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes and remove from the flame.
- Allow it to steep for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Strain and consume the tea.
- You can add honey and lemon juice into it.
3. Ginger With Lemon
Ginger has anti-viral, anti – inflammatory, aids in proper digestion and effective for treating respiratory virus. Lemon in this process has antiseptic property and many nutrients like calcium, vitamin C and magnesium which help to get relief from it.
- Slice the fresh lemon into quarters and add them into jar.
- Grate the ginger, and add it to the jar containing lemon.
- Stir it well by adding honey till the jar is full.
- Let it sit for few minutes.
- Take a tablespoon of this mixture and add it to a glass of hot water.
- Stir it well and drink this to clear cold and flu.
- Repeat taking the mixture daily until you get complete rid from flu.
- Put 3 ginger slices and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder into a mug.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of hot water over it and allow it to steep for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Squeeze juice of half lemon into it and add 1 teaspoon of organic honey in the mug.
- Stir well and consume the ginger turmeric tonic to get rid of the flu.
4. Ginger With Turmeric and Cayenne Pepper
- Put 1 cup of water in a saucepan and place it on the heat.
- Stir well 1/4 teaspoon each of grated ginger, turmeric and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer it for about 10 – 12 minutes and strain.
- Add 1/2 – 1 tablespoon manuka honey and consume it while it is warm enough.
- Inhale the vapors while drinking the solution for extra relief.
5. Ginger Soup With Carrot and Apple
- Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil into a large pot.
- Put this pan on stove over low/medium heat and add 1 cup chopped onion in it.
- Let it cook for few minutes till they become translucent.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of each grated ginger and minced garlic into it and cook it for another few minutes.
- Now add chopped apples, carrots in it and cook it.
- Put vegetable broth and stir it well.
- Allow it to boil and then reduce heat to lower medium and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer half of soup into a blender and add a pinch of nutmeg into it.
- Mix it until it makes a smooth mixture and blend the remaining to make a smooth paste.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and add pepper and salt by your taste.