Stretch marks are long and narrow lines, streaks or stripes, that develop on the skin and which differ in hue from the surrounding skin. They are often the result of a sudden stretching of the skin and are extremely common, although they tend to affect more women than men.
These marks can be visible on body parts, which includes the thighs, tummy, breasts, upper arms, lower back, and hips. The marks usually form in the middle layer of the skin; when there is a constant stretch, therefore the layer tears, leaving stretch marks.
Though there are many methods in the treatment of stretch marks, home remedies are much safer and effective. It may take a long time to completely remove the stretch marks, nonetheless, home remedies can make their appearance less noticeable.
Below are ways to use coconut oil for stretch marks.
Benefits of Coconut Oil Help for Stretch Marks
- The monosaturated fats found in coconut oil make the cell walls stronger.
- The anti-oxidant properties of coconut oil fight with free radicals.
- Coconut oil moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- Its vitamin E content heals the scars.
- Iron and vitamin K encourages new cell production and remove the damaged cells.
1. Massage few scoop or drops of coconut oil on your stretch marks.
2. Leave it on until your skin absorbs it completely.
3. Repeat daily.
Coconut Oil with Shea and Cocoa Butter
- Coconut oil
- Cocoa butter
- Shea butter
1. Mix equal amounts of cocoa butter, coconut oil, and shea butter.
2. Melt the mixture using a microwave or double boiler.
3. Add a few drops of vitamin E oil.
4. Let the mixture cool down.
5. Scoop out a little and massage on the stretch marks area.
6. Leave on until your skin absorbs the oil completely.
7. Repeat the application at least twice daily.
Coconut Oil with Sugar and Salt
- One cup sugar
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
1. Mix 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1 cup each of sugar and salt.
2. Massage the mixture for at least 5 minutes.
3. Leave it on for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse off with water and pat dry.
5. Repeat daily.
Store remaining mixture in the refrigerator for future use.
Coconut Oil with Turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric oil
1. Combine 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of turmeric oil.
2. Rub the mixture on the stretch marks area.
3. Wash it off with water after 15 minutes.
4. Apply daily.
5. You can add an extra teaspoon of lemon juice for added benefits.
Coconut Oil with Olive Oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
1. Blend a few drops of olive oil and coconut oil together.
2. Rub carefully onto the affected area.
3. Wait for a few minutes, until the skin absorbs it in.
4. Apply daily.
Avoid using coconut oil if you are allergic to it.
Always use virgin or cold compressed coconut oil.
Always perform a patch test before continuing regular treatments.
Do not scratch the stretch marks.
Drink adequate amount of water to get hydrated, as this helps to retain the moisture in your skin.
Vitamins help in repairing your damaged skin. Include vitamin A, C and E foods in your daily diet.