Colon cancer is one of the most conspicuous and dangerous forms of cancer, and yet it does not get the same exposure as the other forms of cancer.
Read on as we will be talking about the most commonly ignored symptoms of colorectal cancer, as well as how to reduce the risk of its appearance in the very first place.
Numerous people have been ignoring this sign as something less serious than it may be. Actually, these days, this kind of situation is not really something that is new. A lot of people feel fatigue due to lack of sleep as the most common reason.
In the case where fatigue has become continuous, even though you have slept enough and your diet is just well-balanced, along with other signs of colorectal cancer, you have to immediately visit a medical expert.
Unexpected Weight Loss
One of the indicators of numerous kinds of cancer can be unexpected and dramatic weight loss. The unexplained weight loss commonly described as an unintentional loss of at least 5% of your body weight in the period of six months. For example, if someone who is 150 pounds loses about 7 ½ pounds during six months without doing anything can be determined as unexplained weight loss.
Cancer cells use a major part of the energy of the body and besides that, they also affects the immune system. The immune system is responsible for fighting against diseases, as well as keeping them from spreading. That is the reason why in this kind of situation people often lose a huge amount of weight.
When it comes to colon cancer, the possibility is that a large tumor is blocking the colon that affects the bowel movement that will lead to severe weight loss.
Irregular Bowel Movements
It is not common for people to pay too much attention to their bowel movement. The timing, consistency and the appearance of these movements can actually indicate numerous health problems, which may also include the presence of colorectal cancer.
Colon polyps are cells that can eventually turn into a cancerous ones, and because of that, the bowel movement is being affected when they have actually turned into tumors. These tumors have the ability to affect the way your large intestine works and it will lead to changes in the stool.
How To Lower The Risk Of Colon Cancer
If you have cancer history in your family, or if you are already suffering from an inflammatory condition of your bowels, there are several things that you have to begin doing immediately:
- Consume fruits, veggies, and grains. These are fiber-rich foods that have the ability to clear the toxic waste from your intestine. They also to promote healthy bowel movements in order to keep you regular and clear. Some of these foods can also reduce inflammation.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise is important in order to maintain a healthy weight, as well as fight against inflammation and clear toxins. Moreover, it has the ability to support the proper function of the bowel.
- Do not smoke. Smoking increases the risk of every kind of cancer, this includes colon and rectum cancer.
- Manage your weight. Both obese and overweight people are more prone to developing colorectal cancer. The risk of dying from this disease is also greater.
- Limit your consumption of alcohol. Excessive alcohol intake is another risk factor that may lead to colorectal cancer.